Call to Order: called to order by Eric KD6GO
Roll Call: Members did roll call
Treasury Report: Bev W7CCN gave report – $7,063.23 for repeater and club funds combined
Bike Races: David AE6W Napa Valley Marathon- First Sunday in March, March 1st, 2020 –The person who takes the finish line has to have a mobile and be inside. David AE6W still needs 2 more volunteers.
There will be 8 rest stops:
Finish Line Juan KK6EVL and Bob N6OFB 0645-1400
9.4 Mile 21 Silverado Trail St Helena 0730-1030 Flan KB6IWU
11.9 Mile Quintessa Way 1501 Silverado Trl Rutherford 0730-1100 David AE6W
13.9 Mile ZD Winery 8383 Silverado Trl Rutherford 0745-1115
16.1 Mile Tench Winery 7631 Silverado Trail Oakville 0630-1200 ErnieKB4EFX
18.4 Mile 6341 Silverado Trail, Yountville 0645-1230
20.7 Mile 5615 Silverado Trail Napa 0645-1300 Ken K6KCR
22.3 Mile 5181 Silverado Trail Napa Near Oak Knoll 0645-1315 Bruce KM6ZUC
24.0 Mile 4227 Big Ranch Rd Napa 0700-1330 Chris KJ6DLF
Repeaters: Jeff’s W6BYS repeater – On the top of the hours gives time and every 10 minutes gives the call sign. David AE6W will email information on repeaters.
RACES, CERT and SAR: What is our relationship to these and similar organizations in Napa County. Is any action needed or desired? How/when would our net become active or interact? – David AE6W has a couple of meetings to attend in the near future and will report at a later date (Auxiliary Radio Group Meeting and the Disaster meeting that meets quarterly).
Net for next month –
2/19/2020 David AE6W
2/26/2020 Ken N7CCN
3/4/2020 Allen KM6QJC
3/11/2020 Chris KJ6DLF
Old and Ongoing Business –
- David AE6W still working on checking account. Discussed getting ATM card for minimal purchases but need to have a custodian – Pending
- Field Day 2020 – Date is June 27 & 28, 2020. From 11 a.m. Saturday, 6/27 to 11 a.m. Sunday, 6/28. Suggestions were to contact fire chief at Napa State Hospital and Skyline Park. We need space large enough so antennas don’t interfere with each other.
- David AE6W indicated that he had all of the stuff needed for Field Day
- Field Day – the information packet and promotional materials will be posted as soon as it is finalized. – As of today still not posted in ARRL
- Discussed places to have field day. Fairgrounds, elementary schools usually require liability insurance. John suggested the Napa State hospital but everyone has to be in one place . Eric KD6GO suggested some places. One of the main problems is that we have to be there 24 hours (all night) and we can set up after 1:30 p.m. on Friday. David AE6W will be out of town and will not be participating in Field Day, but he will ask his boss if we could use the area in the back of the property at the mortuary.
- Volunteers for presentations at future meetings – Bob Samo of Silverado Avionics was not available this evening but will be at the March 17th meeting.
New Business –
- Activities in lieu of monthly presentations – members should think about future speakers and presentations
- Members talked about some of their equipment and radios and frequencies.
- Louise KM6JQT said Napa CERT just became “legal” under the Napa Fire Dept. Napa and American Canyon CERT work together to set up shelter communications if there is a need. Bruce KM6ZUC said for people in need, they receive a list with numbers because with HIPPA you cannot have names and addresses.
Speaker/Presentation: No speaker but Eric KD6GO brought an inexpensive digital oscilloscope for members to look at.
Testing – Next testing March 2020 – Testing for licenses is conducted on odd months (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11)
Dues are due – $25 single and $37.50 Family per year. Give to Rich KO6FR at a Club meeting, or mail a check made out to Silverado Amateur Radio Society to:
S.A.R.S., P.O. Box 2822, Yountville, CA 94599.
Next meeting of the SARS will be March 17, 2020 at 7:00 p.m.