The fire on Mt. Veeder last week burned many power poles leaving nearly 200 residents without power. The W6CO equipment, both analog and Dstar operated on battery until last Friday when the batteries went dead.
We don’t have power and probably won’t for some time. We will need to put a work party together to replace our meter pole which burned off at the base. PG&E will not provide power to the site until the pole and wiring is replaced. We will also need to replace the batteries as they were allowed to sit too long, discharged and in intense heat We will address specific needs on the weekly net. If you can help out please check in. JW